Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS1 or BS2 as IR remote receiver — Parallax Forums

BS1 or BS2 as IR remote receiver

NewUser57NewUser57 Posts: 2
edited 2012-06-18 21:27 in BASIC Stamp
Using either a BS1 or one of the varieties of the BS2 (but preferably the BS1), I’d like to make an IR remote receiver that uses the Sony protocol. All remaining tasks for the module are slow enough that the speed of the BS1 wouldn’t be a problem. Before I start with a BS1, I’d like to feel reasonably confident that I won’t eventually have to use a BS2. Nothing that I’ve found in the forums seems to bear directly on my situation.

The code that I would use is based upon the code in Appendix A of “IR Remote for the Boe-Bot”. As in that reference, it would begin with a DO Loop around a single PULSIN command to detect a "start" pulse, and would continue with a second DO Loop around a set of PULSINs to detect the binary values of the remaining pulses.

If I follow the logic in Appendix A, then ideally, the PULSIN command in a BS1 would return a count of 60 for a “0” pulse, a count of 120 for a “1” pulse and a count of 240 for a “start” pulse. If I follow the code for the BS2x and BS2p in that appendix, then an appropriate threshold for a “start” pulse would seem to be about 200 ; for a “1” pulse, about 100.

I wonder if I’ve understood the material and if the thresholds that I suggest likely would produce a stable receiver.

Thanks in advance for the help and thanks to our moderator.

Comments