Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stepper Motor Controller to BoeBot board — Parallax Forums

Stepper Motor Controller to BoeBot board

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2012-06-07 22:35 in BASIC Stamp
I have this nifty 3 port USB Stepper Motor Controller: http://www.softmark.com.au/~sof19557/file/usb_step.pdf

This works like a charm when connected to the computer and using the software. However, I would like to implement it in to my BoeBot and do not want to fry anything along the way. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can accomplish this without reinventing the wheel? I was thinking that the Com could be used to go to a pin on the stamp, but I am not sure on that one and like I said, I do not want to fry anything along the way. Thanks for your help.

Another thought that just came to me was to possibly hack the USB cable and use that to connect to the Stamp, since the USB port is where the 5V for the driver comes from. The only problem is that I have no idea which wires would connect to what??????

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2012-06-07 20:59
    The COM is a common wire and has more to do with power than communications. I really doubt you could convert this to the stamp but you could contact the makers and see if there is a way.
  • NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
    edited 2012-06-07 22:35
    I tried contacting the manufacturer with no luck. I have an idea that I am going to try after I find a spare USB cable. I can cut it and see if I can figure out which wire sends the communication signal via the program. There are 3 motor connections and the software corresponds to each motor individually. I will update post if I figure it out.