Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PING))) sensor trouble — Parallax Forums

PING))) sensor trouble

CrazyDeesCrazyDees Posts: 1
edited 2012-06-05 08:29 in Accessories
I recently purchased a ping))) sensor for my boe bot kit. I wired everything up and used the sample program and wiring diagram found here http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/acc/28015-PING-v1.6.pdf. However when I went to test the sensor using the sample program called PingMeasureCmAndIn.bs2 the sensor would only return the same value regardless of how far or how near an object was. I even tried wiring the sensor up to an arduino uno board and the problem persisted. Any suggestions or aid would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-06-05 08:29
    There is nothing "magic" about the PING sensor. If you've wired it up as shown in the documentation and entered the program from the documentation properly, it should work as advertised. The transducers ("cans") should not be blocked in any way since they respond to the first received echo. I suggest you call Parallax Tech Support. Do go over your wiring carefully. Often what you think you've done isn't quite what's there. Also remember, if you're using the little breadboard area, that sometimes the contacts in the breadboard don't work as well as expected. In the future, do provide more information. In this case, it would help if you indicated what value you got from the program.