Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Patriotic problem _ I so need your help ! — Parallax Forums

Patriotic problem _ I so need your help !

BritannicusBritannicus Posts: 98
edited 2012-06-01 03:35 in BASIC Stamp
As some may be aware this weekend sees the 60th Aniversary of queen Elizabeth II god bless her !

As such all us limeys will be having a public holiday and generally making a fool of ourselves. My son's contribution to this has been to enter him and myself into his school's "make an amusing crown" competition and has challenged his dad to make the most over the top confection he can (we have to build it together - he has to model it!) . I will post video of this when it's finished !

So far it lights up, and has a hidden BOE instde it where my trusty STAMP2 controls a speaker and 2 servos (one continuous rotation with union jacks and one to oscilate, waving a cardboard hand). The BOE sits in a monitoring loop until a switch turns pin 3 live. Then a speaker plays God save the queen, the servos do their stuff, and then it returns to the loop again.

Now here's the glitch - first time through the loop the damn thing works as predicted, the second time, just before "God save he queen is played", theres a godawful screetching before it settles down and does it's stuff. I'm guessing there's something I need to clear down after the tune plays the first time, but not sure where the issue is ...

Please help because this is most disrespectful to our monarch, and I might end up feeding the corgis ! (or worse disappointing my son)

I' ve attached the code as well as outlining it below - please help as he's got to be wearing it in a school pageant on Friday !
' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}
' Play the first few notes from god save the queen.
' speaker connects to pin 9 and Vss

DEBUG "Program Running!"
Notes DATA "C","C","D","B","C","D","P","E","E","F","E","D","C","P","D","C","B","C","Q"
Durations DATA 4,4,4,2,6,6,8,4,4,4,2,6,6,8,4,4,4,4
WholeNote CON 2000
index VAR Byte
offset VAR Nib
noteLetter VAR Byte
noteFreq VAR Word
noteDuration VAR Word
counter VAR Word
wave VAR Word
IN3=0
'SITS HERE UNTIL  IN3 IS POSITIVE
DO
DEBUG ? IN3
IF (IN3=1)THEN
DEBUG  "OFF i GO"
GOTO ACTION
ELSE
PAUSE 100
ENDIF
LOOP
ACTION:
' FIRST SECTION PLAYS GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
DO UNTIL noteLetter = "Q"
READ Notes + index, noteLetter
LOOKDOWN noteLetter, [ "A", "b", "B", "C", "d",
"D", "e", "E", "F", "g",
"G", "a", "P", "Q" ], offset
LOOKUP offset, [ 1760, 1865, 1976, 2093, 2217,
2349, 2489, 2637, 2794, 2960,
3136, 3322, 0, 0 ], noteFreq
READ Durations + index, noteDuration
noteDuration = WholeNote / noteDuration
FREQOUT 9, noteDuration, noteFreq
index = index + 1
LOOP
noteLetter = "A"

'SECOND SECTION WAVE THE HAND use port 14   - use port 15 for the continuous servo
FOR wave = 1 TO 4
DEBUG "Counterclockwise 10 o'clock", CR
FOR counter = 1 TO 50
PULSOUT 14, 1000
PULSOUT 15, 1000
PAUSE 20
NEXT
DEBUG "Clockwise 2 o'clock", CR
FOR counter = 1 TO 50
PULSOUT 14, 500
PULSOUT 15, 1000
PAUSE 20