Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
having difficulties switching states of parallax tranceivers — Parallax Forums

having difficulties switching states of parallax tranceivers

LAZY EYELAZY EYE Posts: 4
edited 2012-05-28 13:38 in BASIC Stamp
Hey guys

Could I possibly get somebody to take a look at my code? I've been going around in circles for the past 2 days and now I can't see the wood for the trees. I'm building a RF luminosity sensor (using two Parallax 433 MHz RF Transceivers (#27982)).

Just to give a quick overview of the system, A GUI written in C++ communicates with a PIC18F through USB, which in-turn sends a number of signals to a basic stamp 2 (turn on/off sensor etc). The BS2 on board one then transmits said commands through a transceiver to BS2 number 1 on board two (stay with me here...).

Another BS2 on board 2 continually monitors the state of a photodiode. On a certain command from the PC, the luminosity read by the second BS2 on board two is qureried, where I want this value to be returned to board one via RF...everything works apart from RETURNING this information via RF (board 2 back to board one).

The programs are built around parallax-based RF code, where one BS2 transmits, the other receives but I'm having difficulty getting them to swap and change at will. I think it may be the BS2 on board one, but I'm running out of ideas...here's my two RF programs ,receiver_mk5.bs2transmitter_mk5.bs2, and the two original tutorials: . If there's anything I can do to clarify, or any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

...also I realise that i'm just trying to send the string "1" back to board one for testing...but generally it should be 'light_value' received from BS2 #2