Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mini-Maker Faire Orlando? — Parallax Forums

Mini-Maker Faire Orlando?

JohnGayJohnGay Posts: 57
edited 2012-05-30 04:19 in Robotics
Am I gonna get a chance to meet anyone from here in Orlando tomorrow? Just thought I'd ask (-=

Comments

• RagtopRagtop Posts: 406
    edited 2012-05-25 06:41
    I was hoping to go, but doesn't look like I am going to be able. 36,000 square feet booked according to their website. It sounds like it will be fun, but Parallax isn't listed.
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2012-05-25 11:01
    I was trying my darndest to get there, but my travel schedule over the past couple months has left me in crisis-mode in regards to trying to move. @_@

But as a plug, anyone who lives in Central Florida should go! Hoverfly will be there demonstrating quadcopters and knowing the guys at FamiLAB, I'm sure you'll see some pretty awesome stuff!

Cheers,
    Jessica
  • Tom CTom C Posts: 461
    edited 2012-05-27 05:19
    Hi All,
    I just moved my wife to our retirement home in Ft Lauderdale, but am still stuck in TX until I retire on Aug 1st.

Orlando is a doable drive from Ft Lauderdale especially on the FL Toll Road and I have a Sun Pass installed in my car.

Will have to wait until next year I guess?

Regards,
    TCIII
  • staracestarace Posts: 3
    edited 2012-05-29 14:41
    Hi All,

I was a maker at the faire performing with my animatronics. The show was fantastic. Many very cool makers were there. There were R2's everywhere. The talking tesla coil was pretty darn neat, there were props, guns and some very interesting art. Anyone interested has to make plans for next year as this is going to get HUGE!

Pat Starace

p.s. My toucan has a stamp inside controlling his player
  • JohnGayJohnGay Posts: 57
    edited 2012-05-30 04:19
    Yes, very awesome show. R2's rolling everywhere, Lots of Rep-Rap machines churning out plastic tuit's and such. I made my own BoArduino. Lots of robotics and even a wood laser etching machine making miniature myan callenders.
    Shame Parallax weren't better represented, but there was lots to see and do. Great way to spend a day!