Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The New Polar Heart monitor sensor and Garmin HRM1B transmitters? — Parallax Forums

The New Polar Heart monitor sensor and Garmin HRM1B transmitters?

StempileStempile Posts: 82
edited 2012-05-24 10:21 in Accessories
28048-M.jpg

I was scoping out the new product selection and discovered the new Polar heart monitor receiver board.

This would be interesting project to use a couple of heart sensors laying around from chewed up running watches (came with the watches but not used)... Disappointed that the transmitters I have are Garmin HRM1B and they appear to be proprietary.

Nothing pops up on Google about compatibility (didn't search long) with Polar.

? Curious if anyone has messed with the Garmin heart rate transmitters or if there has been any testing with this new sensor and non-polar devices. Suspect no, but it was worth a post given that I haven't found anything else to do with these units yet...

ms
250 x 250 - 8K

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2012-05-22 01:10
    I've got a TI Chronos MSP430 wireless watch, which is compatible with the older Polar units. It might work with those new ones.
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2012-05-24 10:21
    If the Garmin uses the ANT protocol, then no. Those, I believe, operate at 2.4 GHz, while the Polar receiver picks up at 5 kHz. These work with (among other models) the Polar Coded 31 (31C) chest straps.

-- Gordon