Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Scribblers on Ebay — Parallax Forums

New Scribblers on Ebay

ercoerco Posts: 20,255
edited 2012-06-08 11:26 in Robotics
Direct from Parallax, currently $13-26... who will win? I have plenty already, thanks. Don't be a Prop snob; show these great BS2 robots some love!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=scribbler+robot

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2012-05-23 16:15
    Those five Scribblers sold for $26-34, that's a lot of robot for the money. Anybody get one?

Somehow, I ended up with the $26 one. Go figure. My robot pool grows...

Lowball Ebay bids rock!

Maybe blue Scribblers are the way to go for Robot combat. They're cheap enough!
  • JLockeJLocke Posts: 354
    edited 2012-05-25 06:37
    Somehow I got the $34 one. Going to give it to my almost-10 year old grandson so we can play together this summer! I agree it's a lot of robot for the money; that's why I couldn't resist bidding.
  • softconsoftcon Posts: 217
    edited 2012-06-08 07:47
    And, I procured two of them, the 32.50 and the 33.50 ones. Very happy to offer these to my 7 year-old daughter, and 10 year-old son.
    My daughter opened the box, I put in the batteries, and less than two minutes later, she had it running around avoiding obsticles. I haven't a clue how she knew to use the ir ports to program the thing, I'd read the programming manual, and didn't remember it could do that.
    She hadn't even opened the manual yet, that didn't happen until after the robot had run into everything in the living room, turned around, and trundled off somewhere else. It didn't chase the cat, but they were sitting up high, watching it with intent curiosity to see what it would do next.
    It's amazing what the little ones can figure out just by playing.
    I will show them both the graphical programming blocks once my son returns from 4h camp, which is in just a couple hours. He's been gone all week, which is why I didn't show it to them already.
    This should get interesting. :)
    I'm looking forward to what they do with their robots when both of them are running.
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2012-06-08 07:59
    @softcon,

what a wonderful "success" story! It sounds liek your kids are well on tehir way to a lot of fun learning!!

....as for cahsing the cat.....hmmm.....I think Parallax needs to come up with a Cat Sensor...some way to discriminate between a cat and other small animals. I can see this being a big hit, I know our cats wold just LOVE a robotic companion! Oh PhiPi?? Time for a new project!!! :lol:
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2012-06-08 11:26
    Your Scribbler might need a dog suit to chase the cat more gooder, something along these lines:

http://www.amazon.com/RoomBud-Costumes-you-iRobot-Roomba/lm/R1E1NZCTKQXICS