Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Italian Robot Expo "Robotica" — Parallax Forums

Italian Robot Expo "Robotica"

ercoerco Posts: 20,255
edited 2012-05-18 06:22 in Robotics
http://www.robotica.pro/en_rbt/index_rbt.asp 7-9 November Milan, Italia

There's no sign of Parallax as an exhibitor. Ken, if your poor tired staff is understandably overworked and too busy to attend, I'll "take one for the team" and travel (on your dime) to Milan in order to demo Parallax goodies. My Italian is decent, especially for hotel exchanges: "I'll be needing two tickets to the orchestra tonight", "I want to put this in the hotel safe", and "Please send someone up for my bags". I promise to learn "I'm sorry our robot demolished your Convention center" and "Contact Parallax for reimbursement". Per piacere, il mio amico!

I might be able to talk a few more Forumistas into helping out. Whit needs a vacation. :)

Comments

• Mike4421Mike4421 Posts: 131
    edited 2012-05-17 11:18
    Italy............... Arduino's Home turf...... can you take the heat, erco!?!? ;) your very brave.....
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2012-05-17 13:17
    Sure, we can go head to head with the best of 'em.

Remember the Alamo, and what FIAT really means: Feeble Italian Attempt at Technology :)

And I love all things Italian, Sophia!
  • Mike4421Mike4421 Posts: 131
    edited 2012-05-17 13:42
    haha, competition is always welcome; it's what keep the gears (economy) moving around... :smile:
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2012-05-17 13:53
    erco wrote: »
    There's no sign of Parallax as an exhibitor. Ken, if your poor tired staff is understandably overworked and too busy to attend, I'll "take one for the team" and travel (on your dime) to Milan in order to demo Parallax goodies. :)

That's considerate of you. As you pointed out, the team is worn thin right now and I'm not about to introduce another event or exposition. Even I've been occupied the last four full weekends with Parallax-related activities (trip to Asia, Maker Faire, Parallax Expo, Washington DC Science and Engineering Expo), and I'm starting to wear thin. Plus, I need to shift gears for several of us to prepare for Propeller 2's arrival.

You could go, but to properly support even the kindest, non-demanding person we still need to be involved to support the event. I'd love to say "you bet, let's do it" but I have to learn to say "no" else we have too much to lose (morale, health, etc.).

Glad I caught this post. I'd rather you come back to Parallax for a day and we go for a bike ride, to be honest. And then a beer, because I need one of those too!

Ken Gracey
  • dmagnusdmagnus Posts: 271
    edited 2012-05-18 06:22
    Strangely enough, I just read in the paper last night that there has been a 4 day Robot Expo at the RiverCentre in St. Paul, MN. Didn't even know about it, but it was hyped as a pretty big thing...