Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
KISSlicer - slicing software for 3D printers — Parallax Forums

KISSlicer - slicing software for 3D printers

lonesocklonesock Posts: 917
edited 2012-05-10 09:24 in Robotics
Hi, All.

1st off, I never knew there was a builders forum!! I mentioned this on a thread over in the propeller forum, but it fits better here.

I've been working on some software for slicing up 3D models and generating G-code for additive 3D printers to use. Here's the link:

http://www.kisslicer.com/
KISSlicer_main.jpg

Right now KISSlicer generates G-code that can support Bits From Bytes printers, 5D firmware (used by most RepRaps, Marlin seems to be a favorite), and Mach3 controllers. If you are only using a single extruder for a print then you can use the free version, even for commercial use. It is closed source, but feel free to hit me up with any feature requests or bug reports!

thanks,
Jonathan
834 x 578 - 143K

Comments

• tingotingo Posts: 87
    edited 2012-05-09 14:52
    Ah - neat! I see that it runs under FreeBSD too - great!
  • lonesocklonesock Posts: 917
    edited 2012-05-09 17:15
    Honestly, FreeBSD was just on a whim...I was doing the cross-platform thing, and wanted to see how far I could take it! No idea how many FreeBSD users there are, but it compiled clean, so there you go!

Thanks for taking a look!

Jonathan
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2012-05-09 17:36
    Jonathan,

'Looks interesting. I have a MakerBot, but I didn't see it as one of the supported platforms. Will it work for that?

Thanks,
    -Phil
  • lonesocklonesock Posts: 917
    edited 2012-05-10 09:24
    Hi, Phil. It's hard to tell from the MakerBot wiki, but I think the firmware used is based on Sanguino? So I'm quite hopeful (it should be happy with one of the 5D firmware flavors). Could you send me the output G-code for a working print, and I will look over it to see what I can recommend for settings.

thanks,
    Jonathan