Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HELP! BoeBot Won't Connect to Computer! — Parallax Forums

HELP! BoeBot Won't Connect to Computer!

MitsukaiMitsukai Posts: 4
edited 2012-05-07 17:08 in BASIC Stamp
So I have the usb version of the BoeBot. When I connect it to my home computer (Wndows 7 64-bit) it pops up a message that the drivers have been installed. If I open the Basic Stamp Editor (v2.1) and try to identify the bot it says that there are no serial ports listed in the Available Ports List and then prompts me to add entries to the list. I have tried adding ports 1-10 but they all say invalid port. Is there any way that I can look on the computer to see which usb is a com port and try hooking it up there?

I've taken it to the college that I go to and it works fine. This is a new computer...so it's not an issue of a virus blocking the com ports and the only other programs currently installed are OpenOffice and NI MultiSim.

Please help!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-05-07 14:03
    The standard drivers included with Windows do not work for programming the BoeBot (and a lot of other microcontrollers). You have to install the proper drivers. Remove your Stamp Editor from your computer. Download the most recent Basic Stamp Editor (v2.5.2) and reinstall the Editor and the USB drivers. Make sure that the BoeBot is not plugged in when you do this installation.
  • MitsukaiMitsukai Posts: 4
    edited 2012-05-07 17:08
    Thank you so much! I did what you said and it worked perfectly!:smile: