Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EZ Robot — Parallax Forums

EZ Robot

ercoerco Posts: 20,255
edited 2012-04-28 05:28 in Robotics
http://www.ez-robot.com/Shop/

Interesting way to overpromise. All for $235!

"Are you ready to experience the power and easiness of the world’s most complete robot kit? EZ-Robot's innovative platform includes the hardware and software that Roboticist DJ Sures uses to personalize his robot companions. Now you can too!"

Comments

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2012-04-27 20:10

This just seems... wrong. It makes it sound as if he created Wall-E.
  • spikedspiked Posts: 20
    edited 2012-04-28 00:03
    I don't know... it doesn't seem any more exaggerated than a lot of advs I see (in robotics). It would be a perfect parts collection for robot made in blank CD containers, which I believe was featured article recently :|
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2012-04-28 04:13
    It looks like it is missing the chassis.
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2012-04-28 05:28
    Experiencing, as it were, power and easiness (implied waves of euphoria) comes with a price.

Of note is the proclamation of its being "the world's most complete robot kit". Something can be more or less incomplete than something else, I suppose (i.e. a bag with 97 cents is a less incomplete dollar than a bag with 94 cents, errrr), but if it's complete then it's complete. If it has all the stuff, being complete by definition (Oops), and then they throw in some Neccos and 1/2 a pack of cigarettes then it's more complete, more completer, it has the most completiness or completitudininity - or what?

And that's the way it was.