Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PBasic and Linx — Parallax Forums

PBasic and Linx

RalRiveraRalRivera Posts: 1
edited 2012-04-20 09:22 in BASIC Stamp
Hello. I am currently working on a project for school. Right now, all I am trying to do is get a basic understanding of how two microcontrollers can communicate with each other using RF modules. To be economical, I order a reciever (RXM-418-LR-S) rxm-xxx-lr.pdf and a transmitter (TXM-418-LR) txm-xxx-lr.pdf from Linx technology instead of two transceivers. On the parallax website, I found some sample code that is supposed to work with two Linx transceivers right out of the box. I made two minor changes that I thought would allow me to execute the same code using a reciever/transmitter pair instead. In the 433RadioTXC-V1.bs2 code 433RadioTX-V1.2.bs2 , I commented out line 138 which sets the transceiver to transmit. I did the same thing to line 134 in the 433RadioRXC-V1.bs2 code 433RadioRX-V1.2.bs2 , which sets it to recieve. However when I run the programs, nothing shows up on the debug screen on the recieving basic stamp. My set up is two basic stamps, each connected to a seperate computer. The wiring is not complicated, so I am assuming that that is correct (I do double check it every time though to be certain). I was wondering if there is something fundamental that I am missing in how these chips might work that is different from the transceiver. Some additional info, I have the PDN pin connected to high on both chips. The RSSI pin on my reciever is not connected to anything. The LADJ pin on the transmitter is connected to power. Please let me know if I have done something wrong in my setup/code. The only lines that I have tampered with are the ones I have mentioned. I have attached both original programs from the Parallax website, as well as the datasheets for my chips. If you belive that everything is setup correctly, then the only thing left that could be wrong is the chips themselves. Thank you for any assistance that you can provide me. If you need anymore info, I will be more than happy to provide it. --Ralph.