Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ISD1700 Voice Recorder — Parallax Forums

ISD1700 Voice Recorder

FranciscoTavaresFranciscoTavares Posts: 27
edited 2012-05-25 11:22 in BASIC Stamp
Here is an example of how to use ISD1700 Voice recorder chip on a bsp2 module.
I´m using an ISD17120 which is able to record up to 120 seconds and a Veho 360 speaker. The sound quality is very good and is loud as well.
I soldered the chip and the other components in a standard board and put inside a small plastic box.
I´m still working on the software but this version is working fine.
I´m going to create a module with this chip and if there is some on interested on it I can supply it.
I have attached the schematic which can be found at chip data sheet.
I have made just a small modification in the microphone connection.
923 x 561 - 111K

Comments

• FranciscoTavaresFranciscoTavares Posts: 27
    edited 2012-04-10 15:53
    This is a new version of the software.
    It behaves like a digital voice recorder and one can choose to record up to 32 messages.
    I think I´ve reached some PBASIC limits related to how many sub-rotines can be called in depth.
    I´ll work on the code optimization in order to implent all the functions.
    There is a updated schematics as well a photo of my boe-bot where one can see Veho 360 speaker and a small plastic box over the board of education. That box contain my digital voice recorder.
    Here is an example of how to use ISD1700 Voice recorder chip on a bsp2 module.
    I´m using an ISD17120 which is able to record up to 120 seconds and a Veho 360 speaker. The sound quality is very good and is loud as well.
    I soldered the chip and the other components in a standard board and put inside a small plastic box.
    I´m still working on the software but this version is working fine.
    I´m going to create a module with this chip and if there is some on interested on it I can supply it.
    I have attached the schematic which can be found at chip data sheet.
    I have made just a small modification in the microphone connection.
    1024 x 613 - 57K
    923 x 561 - 101K
    edited 2012-04-17 17:15
    With this version it is possible to record from an anolog auxiliar input which means that a sound can be recorded with good quality from any signal source.
    There is a short video showing my boe bot navigating and playing R2D2 sounds
    http://www.franciscodasilvatavares.com/boebot/BoeBotR2D2.AVI

This video is about 13 Mega Bytes and so is too big for this forum.
    My boe bot has a sayit module, a bluetooth and a pir sensor. I´m still working on the two last ones.

This is a new version of the software.
    It behaves like a digital voice recorder and one can choose to record up to 32 messages.
    I think I´ve reached some PBASIC limits related to how many sub-rotines can be called in depth.
    I´ll work on the code optimization in order to implent all the functions.
    There is a updated schematics as well a photo of my boe-bot where one can see Veho 360 speaker and a small plastic box over the board of education. That box contain my digital voice recorder.
    edited 2012-04-20 14:28
    With version 6.0 it is possible to record up to 4 songs (from analog input). Each song has is seconds long.
    With this version it is possible to record from an anolog auxiliar input which means that a sound can be recorded with good quality from any signal source.
    There is a short video showing my boe bot navigating and playing R2D2 sounds
    http://www.franciscodasilvatavares.com/boebot/BoeBotR2D2.AVI

This video is about 13 Mega Bytes and so is too big for this forum.
    My boe bot has a sayit module, a bluetooth and a pir sensor. I´m still working on the two last ones.
    edited 2012-05-25 11:22
    I created a more friendly software interface for digital voice recorder.
    To use it, follow these steps:
    1- Unrar the attached file.
    2- Install the application
    3- Run Basic Stamp Editor and send the .bsp file to Boe Bot
    4- Close Basic Stamp Editor
    5- Reset Boe Bot
    6- Run the application from step 2

My application creates a short cut at the desktop and a folder c:\FST_digital_voice_recorder where a .txt file is created. This file contains an initial empty list with numbers from 0 to 31
    I think that this software is not difficult to use. It is not a "professional application". You can install it at your own risk. However is working fine on my computer and probably will work fine in other computers as well.
    It is not finished yet. I didn't create song commands.
    With version 6.0 it is possible to record up to 4 songs (from analog input). Each song has is seconds long.