Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Eddie Programming — Parallax Forums

Eddie Programming

Griever102Griever102 Posts: 1
edited 2012-04-03 07:24 in Robotics
So My roommate came across the Eddie Butler one day and we decided that we wanted to put that on a cart that we are going to build to carry around other robots that we build..I know kinda nerdy but Hey it's fun. And I haven't been able to open up the program and see what's in it so I have a few questions about all of it.

1) Since we are going to use tank treads will that affect any part of the program at all? I have a feeling it won't because with the videos I have seen the Butler is set up for tank drive.

2) The programming aspect of it. Since I am jumping into this and I only have a couple of weeks to build and program the whole thing I was wondering how much of the program is already built from the files that Parallax has out there.

3) If there is any more advice that anyone can give me that would be helpful I would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks Much!

Comments

• Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2012-04-03 07:24
    Hi Griever102- Welcome to the Forums!

If by "tank drive" you mean opposing wheels, with a zero-radius turn capability, you're right. However, if you're going to be installing a "tread system", the thing you'll have to account for is the optical sensor on each of the opposing wheel drive assemblies (right now the stock Eddie comes with wheels) - you could change these out to tread assemblies as long as the sensor's feedback is still functional after your modifications.

-MattG