Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Eddie Robot Platform and MRDS Help — Parallax Forums

Eddie Robot Platform and MRDS Help

m1stermiyag1m1stermiyag1 Posts: 2
edited 2012-04-02 13:33 in Robotics
My project teammate and I have been working on autonomous drive code for our eddie robot and it appears to be working in the simulator on the Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio 4 beta 2.

Now we have assembled our eddie platform and tried to run the code we have been using for the simulation on the actual plaform and it seems like code is not being updated with the changes we have made.

All that is coming up is the original build with semi-autonomous control and we have to use the xBox 360 controller in order to get the eddie robot to move when the code that we have written should drive the eddie robot autonomously.

Question:
  • Where wouild one find the code located that the eddie robot uses? What we are doing is in Visual Studio modifying the Obstacle Avoidance Project located in samples/misc/obstacleavoidance and we have added in the properties to run the eddieObstacleAvoidance.manifest.xml is there anything else we should be doing?

Comments

• dsionovdsionov Posts: 5
    edited 2012-04-02 09:18
    What are you doing to run the Eddie? Are you just calling the Eddie command file in MRDS? If that's the case, you will probably need to modify the Eddie manifest to replace the Drive service with your Obstacle Avoidance service.

So, open the Eddie manifest using the Manifest Editor and edit it to use the Obstacle Avoidance Drive.

Hope that helps.

Dan.
  • m1stermiyag1m1stermiyag1 Posts: 2
    edited 2012-04-02 13:33
    Dan,

I wanted to say thank you for the suggestion! I'm running into my next class right now, and did not want it to get too late before saying thanks. Will keep you posted to my progress and thanks again...

Cheers,
    Ed