Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropBOE Bot (and the Medina 4-H Robotics Open House) — Parallax Forums

PropBOE Bot (and the Medina 4-H Robotics Open House)

mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
edited 2012-03-31 00:50 in Robotics
It's ALIVE!!!!!

Inspired by Duane's PropBOEBot (THANKS! Duane!) and an urgent need to come up with interesting display items to show off at the Medina 4-H Robotics Club kickoff Open House, I thought I should get my act together and assemble some of the wonderful products Parallax offers.

Ta Da!!! SO far it looks like all the others.

PropBOE.jpg

It runs Duane's test code and back and forth code. I need to dig out my other RC gear (or misappropriate the gear for my ELEV-8) to try his Teach and Repeat routines. That could be a fun demonstration at my Open House.

I couldn't resist hanging the Speaker on the front with a rubber band and some electrical tape!

So far, I have the following robots possibly attending the Open House:
  • PropBOE Bot
  • S2 (on, two or three)
  • Lego NXT (two, we need to get something built with those too)
  • TBots from OneRobot (Chad and Hanno's very cool robot) - those should be fun and easy to demo (maybe even with some XBee action)
  • A pair of Pololu 3pi (maybe with Wixel and/or Mbed support)
  • Another BOE with either a QuickStart or a PropASC
  • There's a piece of plywood and some servos just asking to be turned into a Homebrew
  • I have a bunch of little servos but probably not the time to build an Erco Arm
  • I ordered a pair of Parallax SUMO wrestlers - that should be a fun demonstration
Good thing it's Spring Break next week, the robot crew is going to be busy!! April 10th isn't very far away.

I'll keep you posted in this thread as progress is made and unmade.

I'm open to an suggestions for quick and easy demonstrations or projects.
1024 x 768 - 107K

Comments

• mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2012-03-30 13:03
    <room for more details #1>
    edited 2012-03-30 13:03
    <room for more details #2>
    edited 2012-03-30 13:04
    <room to boast of great victories or wallow in self defeat after the event>
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2012-03-31 00:50
    It's good to see another PropBOE-Bot.

I always feel like my time spent coding was more worth while if others also use the code I write (more bang for the algorithm).

Let me know if there's some modification you'd like made to the code. Also let me know if there's a feature you'd like to see added (I'm still thinking of adding the ability to choose from amoung several past recordings when playing back movements).

I look forward to hearing how the "Teach and Repeat" goes. I was sure pleasantly surprised at how accurately the PropBOE-bot was able to repeat its original movements when I tried it.