Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID With PLX-DAQ — Parallax Forums

RFID With PLX-DAQ

Wilson PLTW TeamWilson PLTW Team Posts: 4
edited 2012-04-03 04:44 in BASIC Stamp
We are working on making a RFID system for our school. We have a program started but it only scans 7 tags correctly. We were trying to get it to have a database of at least 17. Also we are trying to use the PLX-DAQ to handshake it with excel. we do not know how to link the RFID program with the PLX-DAQ program. Any help would be much appreciated. You can follow our progress at spicyscanner.webs.com.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2012-03-27 13:47
    There are instruction on the use of PLX-DAQ on the web page where you download it that explain its use quite well.
  • Wilson PLTW TeamWilson PLTW Team Posts: 4
    edited 2012-03-27 18:28
    I have looked at the page where I aquired the DAQ program and for the life of me cannot find the instructions. I am on this page: http://www.parallax.com/ProductInfo/Microcontrollers/PLXDAQDataAcquisitiontool/tabid/393/Default.aspx

Perhaps this is not the correct page. Can you direct me to the correct one if it is not?

Thanks very much
    edited 2012-03-27 19:32
    Just above the bottom pictures there is a zip file with examples.
    edited 2012-03-28 04:52
    We had already tried that and we were asking how to change that to display a name from our RFID program when the tag is scanned.
    edited 2012-03-28 08:16
    That would probably be done with an excel macro in the spreadsheet I would guess.
    edited 2012-04-03 04:44
    Ok, we have investigated further into the macros of the DAQ sheet, and on account of the fact tht none of us in our workgroup have a throrough understanding of Visual Basic or Macros language, could someone point us int the direction of a programming clause and location within the program that would determine the connectivity from an RFID reader to the Excel sheet, since it does not presently make the connection on its own as it is.

Thanks very much again!