Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
question about the LCD display and ADC — Parallax Forums

question about the LCD display and ADC

tankoonhengtankoonheng Posts: 4
edited 2012-03-15 07:30 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hey people..can anyone tell me how to show the turn on the backlight in the LCD display? And does anyone know how to put the voltage that you get from the ADC into the LCD display?thanks..

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-03-14 07:04
    See page 8 of the documentation for the display. There's a control code that you send to the display to turn the backlight on and off. This assumes that you have one of Parallax's backlit displays.

To display a number, since you're using the SEROUT statement to send characters to the display, you use the DEC formatter to convert the number to a series of digits for display. Read the Stamp Manual chapter or Stamp Editor help files on the SEROUT statement. Also, Appendix C has some additional material on the different formatters.
  • tankoonhengtankoonheng Posts: 4
    edited 2012-03-14 23:25
    isit possible for you to show me the link ?i cant seems to find it! :/
  • tankoonhengtankoonheng Posts: 4
    edited 2012-03-15 02:21
    Hey Mr Mike Green.. i have got the backlight solve..as for now i will try to convert the value i get from the ADC to the LCD display.thanks alot!
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-03-15 07:30
    If you look at the webstore webpage for any Parallax product, you will usually see links to documentation, sample programs, demonstration videos, etc. For example, see here. If you go to the main Parallax webpage, you'll see a button labelled Downloads. Click on that and you'll find a webpage with links for a variety of documentation. The button labelled Stamp Documentation has links to manuals like the Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual. On the same main webpage, there's a tab labelled Resources. There you'll find a link to the index for the Nuts and Volts Columns which are also full of project descriptions, sample code, schematics, explanations, etc.