Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MMA7455 acclelerometer with Basic stamp2 — Parallax Forums

MMA7455 acclelerometer with Basic stamp2

karthik9karthik9 Posts: 6
edited 2012-03-14 05:37 in BASIC Stamp
hi ,
im facing problem with the accelerometer MMA7455 when i tried to program it with BASIC STAMP. I used the same code given in the "Downloads and Resources " menu and im getting the output as
X=-1
Y=-1
Z=-1
and there is no response from the sensor module....could you guys help me with the problem .
Thanks
1024 x 608 - 37K

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-03-11 12:12
    You need to provide a schematic showing exactly how you have the accelerometer connected to the Stamp (not what you think you have ... draw the schematic from your actual connections). You should also provide your actual code as entered into the Stamp Editor. The examples provided should work as is ... they're tested, so there must be something different between what you've done and what's been shown.
  • karthik9karthik9 Posts: 6
    edited 2012-03-11 13:05
    ' *********
    VDD<----| VIN *
    * CLK--|
    >PIN 0 of Basic stamp
    N/C
    | N/C *
    * DATA |
    >PIN 1
    N/C
    | INT1*
    * CS ---|
    >PIN 2
    N/C
    | INT2*
    * GND -|
    >VSS
    ............ACCELEROMETER..................................................
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-03-11 13:26
    There's nothing wrong with the Demo and you seem to have followed the directions in the Demo for wiring. There's no reason why it shouldn't work as described in the Demo. I assume that when you say "PIN 0 of Basic stamp" that you're referring to I/O pin #0 as shown on the board next to the breadboard socket on the Stamp board (not the physical pin # on the Stamp module);

I suggest you call Parallax Tech Support tomorrow. Sometimes a real-time discussion can uncover the differences between what you have and what you should have that can take forever in a forum setting.
    edited 2012-03-11 19:00
    yes it is PIN 0 next to bread board socket... and thanks Mike
    edited 2012-03-14 05:37
    it is the problem with my BS2 IC..... Replaced it... working fine now