Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Redrage flyer project — Parallax Forums

Redrage flyer project

Bulslayer85Bulslayer85 Posts: 34
edited 2012-03-09 18:52 in BASIC Stamp
UAV bots seem to be quite popular with parallax projects so i figured i could get my info here. Im building a decent sized Bo-Bot operated drone that would more or less resemble an Appachee longbow, at least that is the general idea for the design.

My major question relates to the slow flyer prop Parallax sells, i need to know how much weight each one can handle at hover and when the robot turns.

i havent quite got G force ratings down yet so i'm planning on around no more than 2gs turning. as it will have a semi- fixed main rotor and only turn with the tail rotor. I mean semi- fixed main rotor cause i re-organized the assembly of the ping sensor mount kit so it could pivot the main rotor forward and backward.

I also need to know if the motors Parallax sells can operate and different speeds so i can adjust height and get tail to rotate like a real heli would. I also need to know if one outrunner can support multiple props or is it only one prop per motor?

I am still fairly new to flying jargen but looking for a hobby project that gets me outdoors but still deals with robots. lol

Comments

• Bulslayer85Bulslayer85 Posts: 34
    edited 2012-03-09 18:52
    after asking a few hobby shop guys i decided that a flyer is probably not the best route for me as far as a project at this point, huge investment risk and all that so ill be looking to make a bigger ground robot instead.