Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Triger controling Machenism by using IR diode — Parallax Forums

Triger controling Machenism by using IR diode

thushanthushan Posts: 3
edited 2012-02-29 20:03 in Accessories
Dear sir/Friends,
I am a student in BSc in Computer science and Engi. I am working on a project that detect the target by using IR TX-RX, I have aplan to use IR TX Diode for detect target appear or not. Secondly I need to received that IR by IR RX and convert that analog signal in to digital by using A/D converter.My plan is to use the Micro controller and by that to control the stepper motor to traverse the gun barrel left and right/ up and down according to the target. In this case I will show the firing strength by blowing LEDs according to the program which I am going to make. In put os the program is kind of pre arrange bit pattern. I am facing the difficulty on how to make the block diagram, pin diagram. After success this step I will try to make pin diagram and the programming part of the Micro controller.t.I am not using exact gun triggering mechanism to this, since I will try to show the firing strength by using LED(short burst , long burst and timing of firing). If any body can kindly help me on this project it is highly appreciated. Thanks for the opportunity given me to post this issue.Hope immediate reply. Regards!!!!

Major Thushan De Silva psc

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2012-02-29 13:36
    Sorry, if there is an implied question in there I'm missing it. Could you ask a specific question on a Parallax sensor you are having trouble with? Thanks, and welcome.
  • thushanthushan Posts: 3
    edited 2012-02-29 19:59
    Sir Thanks for reply me and guide me. Actually that is the summary/brief idea of my project.Followings is my first expectations from you sir:
    (a) I need to know how the IR TX-RX are working and how the out put of IR- RX(analog signal) will convert to digital signal?
  • thushanthushan Posts: 3
    edited 2012-02-29 20:03
    Thanks sir. Could you kindly help me that how do I working with IR TX and IR RX diode? how to couple those two IR diodes and get the out put.

Thanks.