Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Eddie control board connectors ? — Parallax Forums

Eddie control board connectors ?

balbarobalbaro Posts: 10
edited 2012-03-15 08:28 in Robotics
H3_EddieCB.jpg

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but what are the two motor connectors (the white connectors) called ?
Or where can i find them (from Europe)

Thanks

Comments

• Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2012-02-28 20:06
    Hi Balbaro- welcome to the Forums! (sorry I missed your post).

Those are standard Molex (brand) connectors, but I won't be able to give you the model number until I get back to the shop in the morning.
    -Matt
    sounds like a stupid question
    We haven't had one of those since erco last posted something...
    edited 2012-02-29 11:12
    Hi Balbaro-
    Those connectors are made by Molex. Digikey's part number is WM-1783-ND. From there you can get the mfr's actual part number, the mate to it, and perhaps where to find them in Europe.

Alternatively, you can always cut off the connectors and just hard-wire them into a standard terminal block (that's what I do sometimes).
    But that depends on your application...
    -Matt
  • balbarobalbaro Posts: 10
    edited 2012-02-29 19:56
    I replaced them with screw terminals.

But thanks for the reply anyway.
    edited 2012-03-01 12:46
    No problem balbaro -
    Don't be a stranger - keep us posted on how your project is going :smile:
    -Matt
  • vyper4vyper4 Posts: 7
    edited 2012-03-13 03:48
    Parallax should consider packing these connectors along with the standalone Eddie control board. I got mine today and face the same challenge of where to get them and the disappointment in a further delay in my project.
    edited 2012-03-13 20:05
    Vyper4-
    Excellent idea! We should do exactly that...the only problem is that the crimp tool is expensive. However, with reasonable care you should be able to do a reasonable job with a good pair of pliers.

Regardless, I think you're right - we will add them.

I'll check our BOM costs, but maybe we can crimp short (12") leads onto the terminals, like a little pig-tail.

-Matt
  • vyper4vyper4 Posts: 7
    edited 2012-03-15 08:28
    Those connectors are made by Molex. Digikey's part number is WM-1783-ND. From there you can get the mfr's actual part number, the mate to it, and perhaps where to find them in Europe.

Ugh, can you chech the part number for me? These are the much smaller connectors used for the Li-ion Power Pack / Charger.

Better yet can I buy the connectors with tails from you all?