Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PIR Sensor (#555-28027) - The Missing Manual details... — Parallax Forums

PIR Sensor (#555-28027) - The Missing Manual details...

ChromaBurstChromaBurst Posts: 1
edited 2012-02-27 12:53 in Accessories
The following information seems to be missing from the specification sheet for this part:
  1. Fresnel lens specification (in both horizontal and vertical patterns)
  2. Fresnel lens manufacturer
  3. PIR sensor element specification and manufacturer - very difficult to compare against other PIR modules.

In addition, is it possible to disable the LEDs behind the lens - not really that useful for low-power applications!

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

-Chroma

Comments

• stlericstleric Posts: 13
    edited 2012-02-27 12:53
    Re: item 3. You could pry up the lens and look for any markings on the device (lens seems to be glued in place with something rubber cement-y, can't say about putting it back together).

Re: nixing the LED. Someone previously posted that there's a trace you can cut which disables the LED. That part seems true enough but I get the sense that cutting that trace also changes the response time of the sensor (doesn't stay on as long). With the lens facing you and the three-pin header facing up, hard to the right of the lens, to the 10 o'clock of the right mounting hole, there's a via with a trace heading under the lens. Cut that trace and the you disable the LED but, like I said, it seems to change the response time. Do at you own risk.

To management: I hope you guys add a "stealth mode" for Rev C.