Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how to make propeller clock with Microcontroller AT89S51? — Parallax Forums

how to make propeller clock with Microcontroller AT89S51?

mohhhsmohhhs Posts: 4
edited 2012-04-24 18:04 in Robotics
I am doing a project for my junior year, so i chose the propeller colck but once i started i feel kinda lost.
First the microcontroller have built-in oscillator so that means i dont have to get RTC right?
second how fast the motor should be and which kind is prefered? i saw alot and i dont know which one is suitable.
Third are there any suggesstion from you guys, and what else i need beside the motor, microcontroler, power supply,and leds?

Comments

• TommyBoyTommyBoy Posts: 9
    edited 2012-02-12 21:52
    The oscillator in the microcontroller isn't very accurate. You'll want to add a crystral.

A motor? Does this thing have hands? If so, what are the LEDs for?
  • mohhhsmohhhs Posts: 4
    edited 2012-04-23 23:36
    Sorry for late reply, I already put Crystal and I almost done but the problem I did not succed in wrting code so can I have some help In writing the code please?
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2012-04-24 06:30
    mohhhs wrote: »
    Sorry for late reply, I already put Crystal and I almost done but the problem I did not succed in wrting code so can I have some help In writing the code please?

Unless you are using a Propeller Microcontroller, SX Microcontroller, or a BASIC Stamp then you probably aren't going to get much coding help here. From the title it sounds like you are using an Atmel controller like this: http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc2487.pdf which isn't supported on these forums. For programming those chips you will want to sign up on one of the Atmel forums. I think one is called avrfreaks but I am sure there are others. A quick web search should turn them up.

If you want more details on building a propeller clock (not related to the Propeller microcontroller unless you selected that chip) searching for: propeller clock project on either Google or Bing turns up a ton of results and plans to build them.

Good luck on your project.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2012-04-24 07:19
    He's not using an AVR, so AVR Freaks will tell him to get lost.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2012-04-24 18:04