Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can't connect to PropScope anymore.... — Parallax Forums

Can't connect to PropScope anymore....

BalazsBukoBalazsBuko Posts: 1
edited 2012-02-08 23:02 in Accessories
Hello all,

I'm in trouble. :frown: I was measuring a 12V bi-poalr output with a 10x probe (-> around +/-1.2V going in to the scope) and the signal changed polarity (output of a H-bridge), communication was lost and when I restarted the PropScope program, it sees the FTDI chip (it says PropScope found on COMx) but it can no longer load any of the scope tabs, giving some text-based error messages (I will come up with the exact message later) about some settings being zero (-> "resolution must be non-zero"). the PropScope software does not draw the vertical axes and grid, after the error message, the canvas of the form remains unrefreshed (it refers to a UI thread error as well, but I think these are just consequences) Load firmware does not work... :( The error messages also refer to empty configuration strings and it tells me to use the PropScope Configuration Wizard, whatever it is (I did not find anything like that).

On the board which I was working on, there was a serial cable connected to the same PC that PropScope was conencted to. I did not reverse the ground clip and the probe prior the change of voltage polarity. Could this failure caused by a some sort of ground loop?

On the inside, there's no visible damage.

How bad could this issue be? Are there any steps one can't do DIY? (HW or SW) ?

Any help or suggestion welcome! I need the scope up and running again!

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards

Bal