Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pbasic book on wikibooks — Parallax Forums

Pbasic book on wikibooks

softconsoftcon Posts: 217
edited 2012-02-08 09:05 in BASIC Stamp
I searched in the forums, and didn't see any mention of it, so figured I'd let folks know.
On wikibooks, there's a book about pbasic. I've not looked at it yet other than to verify it was about the parallax pbasic, but nonetheless, I thought it might be of interest to some on this forum.
The url directly to the book is:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/PBASIC_Programming
Like most wikibooks entries, it doesn't have navigation links to go to next/previous sections inside the book, you need to return to the toc for that, but otherwise, it appears to be pretty thorough.
Thought it might help some here, though I don't know how current it may be.
hth.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2012-02-08 09:04
    Good find, softcon. There is certainly some useful info there. Just be aware that many things on wiki contain errors waiting to be found. Popular entries get corrected as more eyes review it.

At a quick glance, I found this error in that listing under RCtime:

Most capacitors that will be used in small applications have very small values, such as 1 millifarad or less.

He certainly meant microfarad. Not the end of the world, but at least one guy will go crazy looking for a 1 mF cap in Radio Shack... :)

It's hard to beat Parallax's own books (WAM, Robotics w/BoEBot, etc) all available as pdfs for free download.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2012-02-08 09:05
    Took a quick read-through.

It's "thin" on information in general, has empty chapters, and while I'm no expert, there appeared to be some questionable statements.

I'd say it's a notable effort and could be useful when completed. But I'd alwasy recommend the PBasic Syntax and Programming manual first.