Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Editor not seeing BS1 — Parallax Forums

Editor not seeing BS1

MVQMVQ Posts: 2
edited 2012-02-08 20:04 in BASIC Stamp
I recently purchased a Parallax Professional Development Board (PDB) and several BS1 and BS2 modules. I'm using the Basic Stamp Editor/Development System V 2.5.2 (the Editor) under Windows XP with a serial connection.

Using the Editor, IDENTIFY produces a correct Device Type, Loopback and Echo.

Using the Editor, IDENTIFY, produces a Loopback without Echo or Device Type. This result is the same using two different BS1 modules.

Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly?

Comments

• Mike2545Mike2545 Posts: 433
    edited 2012-02-07 12:13
    Are you using the BS1 Serial Adapter connection to try and establish communications?
  • MVQMVQ Posts: 2
    edited 2012-02-07 12:42
    Mike2545 wrote: »
    Are you using the BS1 Serial Adapter connection to try and establish communications?

No, I am not. Thank you.
  • KievlaninKievlanin Posts: 55
    edited 2012-02-08 20:04
    MVQ wrote: »
    I recently purchased a Parallax Professional Development Board (PDB) and several BS1 and BS2 modules. I'm using the Basic Stamp Editor/Development System V 2.5.2 (the Editor) under Windows XP with a serial connection.

Using the Editor, IDENTIFY produces a correct Device Type, Loopback and Echo.

Using the Editor, IDENTIFY, produces a Loopback without Echo or Device Type. This result is the same using two different BS1 modules.

Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly?

Are you using "Parallax made" serial cable?

I am experimenting with BS1 now for 2 month. Made many mistakes and it is still going...
    I am using Stamp 1 Project Board Rev C