Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wxwidgets project (GUI) to a parallax Micorocontroller — Parallax Forums

Wxwidgets project (GUI) to a parallax Micorocontroller

ArwinArwin Posts: 2
edited 2012-02-06 11:49 in BASIC Stamp
Greetings,

I have a project regarding touch screens and i have created a GUI from either M.Visual Studios 2010 or Wxwidgets project using Codeblocks.

My problem is implementing and trying to have the parallax microcontroller read my project. Is there any way to do this?

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2012-02-06 09:18
    As we discussed in our phone conversation, the principle here is to use the serial communication capabilities on the PC side to talk to the Stamp/Propeller which also has serial communication capabilities.

Depending on what the GUI is asking the microcontroller, it will send back the data according to how you have programmed the micro to do.

I'm hopeful that Unsoundcode will jump in because he has a lot of experience on the PC side of things.

Cheers,
  • ArwinArwin Posts: 2
    edited 2012-02-06 09:23
    Again thanks for the information.

I'm currently trying to look for a way to do that. And yes i hope i'd like to get some advice from him as well.
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2012-02-06 11:49
    Hi Arwin, I have used MS VB.Net in several small projects, if you can tell me what kind of data you are transmitting/receiving and which Basic Stamp module then if you want to go the VB route I might be able to help.

Jeff T.