Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Streaming Output Help — Parallax Forums

Streaming Output Help

muddafuggamuddafugga Posts: 2
edited 2012-02-01 07:17 in Accessories
I have searched around on the forum and googled it, but I cannot seem to find much information on the streaming of propscope data to a file(s). Primarily, I would like to stream data to a csv file and then post process the data. But on occassion I would also like to have multiple jpegs saved with time stamps. The main questions I have are, when you go into the 'Stream' menu you get an option for triggering this event every 'X' seconds. How fast can I set that event to trigger? What is the relationship between the time selected on the data capture and the time-divison on the propscope? What is the format for the input, do you use 0.001 or 1m for 1 millisecond (just as an example). How about the output, what is included in the csv contents, can you modify what is included? I just would like some more information on the use of the streaming, any tips, or suggestions.

Thanks.

Comments

• muddafuggamuddafugga Posts: 2
    edited 2012-02-01 07:17
    I still have not been able to find any documentation on the CSV format. I played around with the JPG output and a batch file to rename with the time stamp. But it appears to only work every 10 seconds. When I change the time in dialog box for streaming, it always reverts back to 10 seconds. Is the lowest value you can use? The little bit I was able to find online really points me in the direction of using the DDE interface. I've never done that before, but I found the developers kit for the Viewport and from what I understand if it works for Viewport it'll work for Propscope, is that correct? But that brings me back to questions on the DDE interface. What are the update rates? Resolution? Is it tied to how the scope is configured?

Thanks.