Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 and 24LC128 EEPROM — Parallax Forums

BS2 and 24LC128 EEPROM

ryfitzger227ryfitzger227 Posts: 99
edited 2012-01-30 09:48 in BASIC Stamp
Okay, So I have a BS2 and a 24LC128 EEPROM. I want to use this eeprom instead of the one on the BS2. I have the source code, I just don't understand it. I'm fairly new to the BS2 but I have future programming experience.
I understand how to connect it. I think..
Pins 1,2,3,4,7 - VSS
Pin 8 - VDD
Pin 5 - VDD, Pin 0(Stamp)
Pin 6 - VDD, Pin 1(Stamp)
Is that right?
So for example, I want to create a program to where when you press a push button, an LED lights up for 30 sec. I want this program to be stored in the 24LC128 eeprom.

Please help!
Thanks!
-Ryan

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-01-30 09:48
    You can't do it. Programs can only be stored in the EEPROM built into the BS2 module. In addition, the EEPROM on the module holds 2K bytes (16K bits) while the EEPROM you have holds 16K bytes (128K bits). You could use your EEPROM for data, but not for a program. There's a Nuts and Volts Column that shows how to connect an EEPROM to a Stamp and there's sample code to access it for data storage. Browse through the Nuts and Volts Columns ... I don't remember which ones cover it, but you will find it useful to see what other subjects are available in the Columns. Go to the main Parallax webpage and click on the Resources tab. You'll see a link to the Nuts and Volts Columns index.