Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
GPRS system inside a factory — Parallax Forums

GPRS system inside a factory

techberthtechberth Posts: 5
edited 2012-01-27 03:05 in Accessories
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a small GPRS system (both transmitter and receiver) which can send the data to and fro with in the factory to control the machines,

Regards

Comments

• TubularTubular Posts: 4,646
    edited 2012-01-25 13:00
    Hello,
    We need some more information about what you are trying to do. What machines do you want to control? Are they controlled using RS232 or some other method? Do you know what baud rate the data moves at? What distance (there may be other cheaper, simpler options) ?
  • john_sjohn_s Posts: 369
    edited 2012-01-25 14:27
    techberth wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone suggest a small GPRS system (both transmitter and receiver) which can send the data to and fro with in the factory to control the machines,

Regards

I suggest you to google GPRS M2M. In case you're in North America try Red Lion.
  • techberthtechberth Posts: 5
    edited 2012-01-27 03:00
    john_s wrote: »
    I suggest you to google GPRS M2M. In case you're in North America try Red Lion.
    Thanks for GPRS M2M
  • techberthtechberth Posts: 5
    edited 2012-01-27 03:05
    Tubular wrote: »
    Hello,
    We need some more information about what you are trying to do. What machines do you want to control? Are they controlled using RS232 or some other method? Do you know what baud rate the data moves at? What distance (there may be other cheaper, simpler options) ?

I need a basic system to monitor the machine status through GPRS, and will do the controlling as a next phase,