Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBee Remote Config — Parallax Forums

XBee Remote Config

geneshultsgeneshults Posts: 22
edited 2012-01-25 21:25 in Accessories
Has anyone had any luck connecting to the remote Xbees to change the config through the remote config feature?
I,m not for sure what settings need to be changed for it to connect. I have connected through the terminal and was able to talk and receive with no problem.

Comments

• Nick ErnstNick Ernst Posts: 138
    edited 2012-01-17 21:22
    Gene,
    Are you referring to remotely configuring the XBee through the AT Command mode? If you are, do you have a copy of the XBee manual that we have available? In the manual it has the instructions and example code and programs for how to configure the XBee remotely through the AT Command mode. I have attached a link to the manual below for you to have a look at.

-Nick

http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchResults/tabid/768/txtSearch/xbee/List/0/SortField/4/ProductID/718/Default.aspx
  • geneshultsgeneshults Posts: 22
    edited 2012-01-18 07:00
    No not throught the AT command. Through the X-CTU software. On the Modem Configuration Tab there will be a option above that to Remote Configuration. If clicked on it will bring up another window, I select open comm, and then try to Discover. Nothing happens. That's where I'm lost.
  • StephenMooreStephenMoore Posts: 188
    edited 2012-01-25 21:25
    Gene,

If you use X-CTU with a serial connection to the Coordinator API Xbee you can go to Remote Configuration -> Open Comm Port -> Discover to see all the radios on your Operating PAN. If you do not see your radio when it is in range and turned on then it may not be associated with your Coordinator PAN. If so, you can plug your Xbee under test back into the serial port adapter board to reset the module by reloading the firmware from X-CTU. After so doing it should associate with your powered up Coordinator. Check to make sure the PAN ids are the same from within X-CTU. If they are then you can place your Xbee under test anywhere with your Xbee range and discover it from the Coordinator plugged into the serial port. You can also remotely read its configuration, edit configuration, and save configuration from X-CTU. Supposedly you can update firmware too but I have never tried that.

Regards,

SM