Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic stamp control via a simulated joystick — Parallax Forums

Basic stamp control via a simulated joystick

roksr4k4roksr4k4 Posts: 2
edited 2012-01-16 10:36 in BASIC Stamp
I'm trying to control my robot via an iphone. I found an app which can simulate gamer controls on the computer (e.g. joystick). I know you can control your robot with a keyboard, i just want to know whether you can control a robot via a joystick. I haven't yet bought the app, since it is 3$ and i don't want to spend that money if it won't work :) Could it work? Is there any other simple way of controlling BS2 with an iphone?
feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2012-01-16 08:46
    It would seem like an App that could control something on the PC would also require some kind of connection or link to the PC such as BlueTooth. Given that, it is reasoable to assume the ame interface would have to exist on the BASIC Stamp side as well. I would identify the connection method first since this will ultimately dictate how easy/hard it will be to use this App for the BASIC Stamp Microcontrollers.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2012-01-16 10:36
    $3 is chump change! Robotics is all about spending lots of money on things which you probably won't use anyway. We're all in it together... Welcome to the forums.