Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BOE or HW Board for Fritzing Program? — Parallax Forums

BOE or HW Board for Fritzing Program?

coachscheffcoachscheff Posts: 1
edited 2013-03-16 10:55 in BASIC Stamp
I'm a high school teacher using BS2 to teach electronics. I have been looking into using the fritzing software in my class. Is there a BOE or HW Board as a part/component in the fritizing program? I found the BS2, but no board? Can someone direct me the right way? Is there even a parallax board in the program? This would be a very cool tool to use in my class? Please help.

Comments

• GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2012-01-09 15:47
    Not that I know of. You might try the contributed parts libraries to see if anyone has an unofficial BOE or HomeWork board. There was a thread here a while back about asking folks what they wanted to see, and the USB-BOE was one of them.

-- Gordon
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2012-01-09 19:52
    You could always put the bs2 on a breadboard and run jumpers since that is what you are doing on the carrier boards anyway. High school kids can cope with that if they want to.
  • John KauffmanJohn Kauffman Posts: 653
    edited 2013-03-16 10:55
    Another vote for getting a BOE / Homework board object in Fritzing.
    I agree that the current naked BS2 is better than nothing, but the BOE would be a lot better because the closer the match to reality, the less mistakes.
    A BOE would also help when making a board to fit on top of the BOE (think Arduino shield).

Who would be the person at Plax to contact regarding this request? Who did the BS2 series of objects?