Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Interested in Boe Bot — Parallax Forums

Interested in Boe Bot

paulvivepaulvive Posts: 35
edited 2012-01-02 07:41 in Robotics
As I listed in my profile I'm an old (really old) retired EE engineer and I miss working pushing the envelope in engineering. How ever it's been a long long time ago. I want to get involved in robots and The Boe Bot interests me but I don't want to start at the bottom but I want to get my brain working so I'm looking for some middle range challenge to start. In addition to the basic (USB) boe Bot capabilities I want to take it a few steps further and I would appreciate some suggestions. Should I consider the propeller Controller? What other sensors or accessories should I consider? What should I avoid? Some of the things I have been considering is the Gripper Kit, Say It Module, Sensor Kit, Compass GPS, Video Camera accessories, Wireless USB hub. I also might have a youngster still in school with me and I would want any suggested additional books that might help the learning process for him (and maybe me). Any suggestions, recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Life gets boring when your older so I want to get involved in something I'd be interested and spend some worthwhile time.