Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IPhone App for the Parallax Basic Stamp Editor — Parallax Forums

IPhone App for the Parallax Basic Stamp Editor

MooneyguyMooneyguy Posts: 77
edited 2012-01-01 00:14 in BASIC Stamp
Is there an app available to modify code in a Basic Stamp program that will work from a Smart Phone such as an IPhone or Droid? If not, is there any intentions of creating one in the near future. I was looking for a way to make minor tweaks to constants in a program without carrying around my laptop.

Comments

• Nick ErnstNick Ernst Posts: 138
    edited 2011-12-31 15:34
    Mooneyguy,
    Unfortunately we do not have ann app for smartphones out which would enable you to make such changes to your programs. We do not have anything in the works currently, however it would be an idea to present and see where it goes! If you are looking for a quick and simple way to debug, you can incorporate an LCD Display into your application.

-Nick
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-12-31 23:51
    Unfortunately, the most practical way to make minor tweaks to a Basic Stamp program would be to get a small netbook that runs Windows XP and install the Stamp Editor on it. These can be had for $200 - $300 and are pretty small and light. Not quite as small and light as a smart phone, but there are too many things that would have to be done to make anything else possible and it's simply not a priority for Parallax.
  • MooneyguyMooneyguy Posts: 77
    edited 2012-01-01 00:14
    Ok, no problem. Thought I would just ask the question anyway. There are so many smart phone apps out there and thought there just might be one here. I understand the priority issues for sure. Thanks.