Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MadeUSA Article in January Servo Mag — Parallax Forums

MadeUSA Article in January Servo Mag

WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
edited 2011-12-31 16:33 in Robotics
Gordon McComb has a great article about Parallax's MadeUSA robot in the January editon of Servo Magazine! The article explains the components of the kit, has some great assembly tips and includes a small intro to Eddie. One of Gordon's setups for the MadeUSA used the PropBOE (still waiting with great interest - can you hear me Ken?) and Parallax Li-ion battery pack. Sounds like the perfect set-up to me. Great job Gordon!

@Gordon - thanks for explaining the origin of the name for the MadeUSA - you were also right on the money about all the Pings))) giving the MadeUSA the multi-snake-head hair look! That is just what I was thinking and the Made in the USA tie-in was irresistible.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-12-30 13:49
    Whit wrote: »
    ...and Parallax lithium-plymer battery pack. Sounds like the perfect set-up to me.

I'm especially interested if that lithium-plymer battery pack. Is that plywood-based?
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2011-12-30 17:15
    Fat fingers - original post corrected and hyperlinked. Smarty-pants.
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2011-12-31 09:55
    Thanks, Whit. I haven't seen the issue yet -- somehow my subscription expired, so I have to renew to read my own article.

Just as a matter of interest, the li-ion charger product I used was the larger one:

www.parallax.com/Store/Robots/AllRobots/tabid/755/ProductID/758/Default.aspx

I've not yet played around with the Boe-Bot sized version. Looks pretty good, though. I assume it was also designed by MattG, so I'm sure it's as well thought out as its big brother.

Next up in SERVO is an article about controlling a robot with sound. A couple of Parallax products are in that one, including the Sound Impact Sensor and the Say It Module.

-- Gordon
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2011-12-31 12:22
    Whit wrote: »
    One of Gordon's setups for the MadeUSA used the PropBOE (still waiting with great interest - can you hear me Ken?) and Parallax Li-ion battery pack.

Absolutely, Whit! We will enable pre-orders for the Propeller BOE this Friday. First production run ships the first week of February.

There shall be no further delays with this important product, I assure you.

Ken Gracey
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2011-12-31 16:33
    @Gordon - thanks for the clarification!

@Ken - awesome! Although my GatorBots are loving the S2 - I have to stay a step ahead for when they are ready for something new. It is all about them - not about me - well, not really! Don't tell on me.