Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Any groups in Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) — Parallax Forums

Any groups in Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul)

dmagnusdmagnus Posts: 271
edited 2012-01-28 20:37 in Announcements
I actually live in western Wisconsin, but work in the Twin Cities. I am a rank novice.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-01-02 16:03
    There are a number of forum members who live in or around the Twin Cities, but so far there hasn't been enough interest in organizing a group. There is a microcontroller group at the U of Mn that's associated with the Art department there, but it's mostly Arduino-related. I'm not sure how often they meet now.
  • TymkrsTymkrs Posts: 539
    edited 2012-01-04 20:37
    We're in Rochester MN!
  • Prophead100Prophead100 Posts: 192
    edited 2012-01-26 18:29
    You may want to think about doing a meet-up in parallel to the one at Parallax and you could easily share your projects via the Adobe Connect system they use to share desktops and/or webcams. We do this at work and it is fairly seamless. Kevin Cook @ Parallax is the facilitator for the Rocklin Meet-up that uses the web sharing software.
    edited 2012-01-28 01:15
    Could you explain this a bit more Prophead? By meet-up do you mean like synchronous streaming of our projects in a show-and-tell fashion? Or is it more formalized than that?
    edited 2012-01-28 14:49
    Its relatively informal but its a basic in-person show and tell format with Kevin at Parallax using a webinar tool to stream the presentions to others who can't physically be there. Everyone can watch and ask questions interactively either in person or remotely. I try to be there in person but have dialed in remotely. The concept I was suggesting was that if other locations (e.g. the twin cities) had a similar meeting at the same time then the presenters from both locations could trade-off but still be streamed to everyone. Sort of a combined in-person user group meeting. The logistics of having the remote presenter is fairly straight forward. I have used the concept at work and had presenters from multiple states sharing related work and dialogue.
    edited 2012-01-28 20:31
    Cool! We do that with our IRC folks normally, but doing prop specific projects sounds fun - how often do these meet ups happen?
    edited 2012-01-28 20:37
    Their usually once a month. I think the next is on Feb 23rd 6-8 PST (8-10 CST). They should be announcing it on the meet-up forum soon,