Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
scribbler 2 - IPRE Fluke - bluetooth — Parallax Forums

scribbler 2 - IPRE Fluke - bluetooth

spikedspiked Posts: 20
edited 2011-12-16 20:19 in Robotics
Hello. I recently purchased and received a scribbler 2 with an IPRE Fluke board. Upon following the installation directions for the fluke board, the bluetooth stack on my PC got wiped out. the installation would have 'activity' over bluetooth for several seconds, then fail with 'access denied'.

I am pretty sure it is wiped out because, it now behaves differently than it did before the installation attempt, and never sees bluetooth devices it used to connect to all the time (lego NXT for example). Also when I boot windows 8 to test other things, bluetooth again works fine, so it does not appear to be a hardware issue. before, and in other OSs now, when I choose 'add new device' the bluetooth dongle continues to flash and the device gets found. On my main OS, when I add new device, the light goes on solid, and never finds a device.

So anyhow, I'm looking at at least 40 hours of reinstalling software to correct the problem, and was wondering if anyone had encountered, and found a fix before I start? I've been through all of the google searched suggestions (re-install drivers and/or delete registry keys), to no avail. it seems like an .inf file got replace/modified in an incorrect manner by the installation (just a guess). I'm running windows 7 64 bit, current patches.

Thanks,
Mike