Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 and Seven seg LED Kit Issues — Parallax Forums

BS2 and Seven seg LED Kit Issues

JaySuk24JaySuk24 Posts: 1
edited 2011-12-13 22:08 in BASIC Stamp
I have a BOE with a BS2.....Have a parallax seven seg Led Kit with daughter board adapter expander......found out BS2 won't work....BS2pe req'd and looks like the MoBo board with coprocessors.....But I also see that the MoBo is used that contains the coprocessors to put the AVR firmware in req'd to drive the led.....Am I correct in assuming that the BOE board won't work even if a BSpe stamp is put in......looks like it would be a simple thing if I had the right hardware.....programming looks simple based on the PDF's listed for the seven seg LED on website......

Can I get some advice.....it's for a collge project using school stuff BOE with BS2 and the LED and Db expander also puchased a while ago by the school.

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-12-13 22:08
    The LED displays could be driven by a BS2pe or a BS2 for that matter. Each 4-digit unit uses a 74HCT595 shift register for holding the segment and decimal point information and a 74HCT164 shift register for holding the digit select bits.

The main issue is that there's already a nice driver written for the AVR coprocessor on the MoBo while there's nothing written already for either the BS2pe by itself or the BS2. You would have to write your own display routines in either case.