Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propscope software does not start / shows nothing — Parallax Forums

Propscope software does not start / shows nothing

HumphreybasHumphreybas Posts: 4
edited 2011-12-13 11:12 in Accessories
Just received my propscope. I installed the software (202 and also tried 203) but when I start the software, my cursor becomes a timeglass for a moment and after that nothing happens. The software does not start or gives me no error whatsoever.

Anyone any clue on how to solve this? Or a way to get an error log or something?

I am running windows XP virtualised inside Linux (Ubuntu). If anyone can give me directions how to set it up under linux that would also be ok. (I tried to search it on the forums already but with no succes, it would be great if the search function of these forum can search in one particular forum like 'PropScope').

Comments

• David CarrierDavid Carrier Posts: 294
    edited 2011-12-13 11:12
    Which virtualization software are you using? I tried running the PropScope software in XP installed in a VirtualBox VM on Ubuntu, and the latency was so high it was useless. After several minutes of waiting, it would show a trace, but it wouldn't update for several more minutes. Other software would work fine communicating with the Propeller USB port on the VM, even at a high baud rate, but something about the PropScope software doesn't work well in a VM.

— David Carrier
    Parallax Inc.