Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Got one download of Httpserver to Eprom and then unable to reprogram Prop — Parallax Forums

Got one download of Httpserver to Eprom and then unable to reprogram Prop

highplainsbubbahighplainsbubba Posts: 34
edited 2011-12-08 12:06 in Accessories
I used the Google Multisocket base files and downloaded them into EPROM. The LEDS looked active (Lnk TX and RX) . I realized that I had not changed the MAC and IP to what I wanted so I edited the files and went to reload them. I got the "Unable to open Com8, no prop chip found" message. I could not find the chip with "Run, Identify" either. I opened Prop Terminal and repowered the Prop chip and I could see the services fire up, as in the Servebeer tutorial page 1. I think the Serial Terminal running on Com 8, is not allowing the Prop Tool to locate the Prop chip on Com 8. How do I get the Prop to release the Com 8 port so I can reprogram it?

Comments

• mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2011-12-07 18:23
    HPB,

Welcome to the forums!

There is a Disable/Enable button on the serial terminal. You need to disable it whenever you want to load the prop. Only the terminal or the prop tool can talk to the prop at a time.
  • highplainsbubbahighplainsbubba Posts: 34
    edited 2011-12-08 06:25
    I could have sworn I tried that, but after a good nights sleep and a new day, I did what you suggested. You fixed a problem. Could I interest you in running for president? Now do I mark this as resolved or does the moderator? If I do it, please tell me how.
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2011-12-08 07:17
    Glad I could help! No thanks on the President gig.

As for marking the item resolved, I believe you can edit the original post and change the status there (click the "Edit Post" button on the original post).

No go have fun with your new "working" toy!
  • highplainsbubbahighplainsbubba Posts: 34
    edited 2011-12-08 12:06
    I was still having problems connecting with the serial port. I fiddled around until I finally found that there is enough slop on my prop plug connector that it will not connect to the Spineret unless I am physically holding it onto the board. It must be on the Spineret receive side since the Prop Serial Term never failed to show the Http server starting up. I was able to duplicate this repeatedly by holding and releasing the Prop Plug. If you are having problems loading your Spineret, physically hold your Prop Plug against your Spineret.