Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
gps module (pmb648 — Parallax Forums

gps module (pmb648

softconsoftcon Posts: 217
edited 2011-12-08 09:54 in BASIC Stamp
The demo that is downloadable from the pmb-648 ppage is written for the bs2p board. I have a bs2 hw board, and though I've dug around in the docs, and even looked at the pdf documents explaining the difference between the various bs versions, not being a pbasic expert (yet) I can't figure out what's wrong with this statement.
SERIN GPSpin, T4800, 3000, No_GPS_Data, [WAIT("GPRMC,"), SPSTR 65]
Can anyone offer a suggestion? I suspect I'll figure it out eventually, but it's driving me nuts. :) Thanks.

Comments

• John BoardJohn Board Posts: 371
    edited 2011-12-06 21:28
    I have used the PropStick, but quite a while ago, is there a SERIN command?
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2011-12-06 23:22
    Hey softcon,

Right here https://sites.google.com/site/parallaxinretailstores/home/gps-module-pmb-648-sirf is what you're looking for. Let us know if you succeed!

Ken Gracey
  • John BoardJohn Board Posts: 371
    edited 2011-12-06 23:55
    Hi Mr. Gracey,

I don't know about anyone else... but I'm bookmarking this webpage :)

-John
  • softconsoftcon Posts: 217
    edited 2011-12-08 09:54
    Thanks, that got me a working demo (though I'm arguing with the debug statement now, it likes to overwrite what it put out before). Now, I need to build me an interface that will allow me to build a map of sorts, to allow me to find my way home again when I'm out on my bicycle, in case I get lost. :) Should be fun.
    It'll have to be small, since there's not much space on either the stamp or propeller, so those multi-megabyte maps used by the commercial gps systems won't do what I want. Of course, I only need info around the local area, so it should be easily handled.
    I'll post here when I get something working.