Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
End of chapter challenges — Parallax Forums

End of chapter challenges

Maintenance manMaintenance man Posts: 17
edited 2011-11-26 06:01 in BASIC Stamp
Hi to all,
I am new to the Basic stamp 2 in which we are using it in our Mechatronics class to learn some basic microcontroller programming. We are using the book” What’s a Microcontroller ? “student workbook version 1.9 Stamps in Class. I enjoy learning about electronics which includes microcontrollers.We have been working with blinking LEDs and servo motors. At the end of each chapter there are the challenges in which I find very fun. I was wondering if there was a place in this forum that shows some examples of these challenges so I can compare my programs to some other examples that others have done. In the book I am using the servo motor controlling starts in chapter 3 in which I would like to see some examples of servo control for the end of chapter challenges for chapters 3,4, 5 and 6. Thank you all for your help in advance.
Sincerely:
Maintenance Man

Comments

• sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2011-11-25 18:06
    You can NOT post more than one post on the same subject just to let you know thanks for your understanding in this matter
  • Maintenance manMaintenance man Posts: 17
    edited 2011-11-25 18:16
    Sorry about that Sam, I thought I put the first post in the wrong place ,in which I thought it should have been in this section, the Basic Stamp posts.. I will not do this again. Thank you for the info.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2011-11-25 19:12
    Maintenance Man,

Welcome to the Parallax Forum. Don't sweat it; you're new here and didn't know any better. Just as an FYI, you can always delete a post that's made in error.

-Phil
  • Maintenance manMaintenance man Posts: 17
    edited 2011-11-25 19:25
    Thank you Phil, I look foreward to learning more about the Basic stamp.
  • doggiedocdoggiedoc Posts: 2,240
    edited 2011-11-26 06:01
    Hi Maintenance man! Welcome to the Parallax Community!

Now that others have gotten Forum Etiquette out of the way, let's see if we can tackle your question.
    I was wondering if there was a place in this forum that shows some examples of these challenges so I can compare my programs to some other examples that others have done. In the book I am using ,the servo motor controlling starts in chapter 3 in which I would like to see some examples of servo control for the end of chapter challenges for chapters 3, 4, 5 and 6. Thank you all for your help in advance.

One resource I found helpful is StampWorks book. The Servo control experiment starts on page 146.

There are numerous posts in the forums dealing with servo control, but the text may be more concise for someone starting out. Having said that, you may want to narrow your search to the Basic Stamp forum to improve your chance of finding Basic Stamp only answers.

To aid the search see the image below. On the left is where you should be after navigating to the Basic Stamp Forum in General Forums. The box on the right highlights the search forum you wan to use instead of the main search function. This one will limit the scope of the search to the forum you are in.

Screen Shot 2011-11-26 at 8.49.27 AM.jpg

Hope this helps!

Doc