Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hybred Boe Bot update — Parallax Forums

Hybred Boe Bot update

CrazyrabbitCrazyrabbit Posts: 116
edited 2011-11-06 16:40 in Robotics
IMG_5967.jpg
Hybred Boe Bot with improved gripper.jpg

I finally got a little time to update my Hybred Boe Bot. The Dagu gripper assembly needed rework. I added a bigger servo on the gripper and changed to a lynxmotion servo bracket. I also added the Parallax USB wireless hub for remote programming. I was in a hurry and should have looked for a more powerful one, but can live with a 30' range for now. Beats chasing the bot, and plugging into the computer for program changes. It can also double as a host for a USB webcam. I raised the ping to make room for the gripper and it does work much better except for blind spots on the bottom. Be adding some IR sensors in the near future. Courous to see how much I can cram onto a Boe Bot. It is designed for alot. I can forsee running out of I/O soon. lol
1024 x 768 - 94K

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2011-11-06 16:23
    It took me a while to find it, but it does look like there really is a Boe-Bot in there somewhere.

What kind of items is it able to pick up with the grippers?

Did you have to drill new mounting holes in the gripper for your larger servo?

Does you bot run around autonomous? Is there a remote?

Very cool. Thanks for posting pictures.

Duane
  • CrazyrabbitCrazyrabbit Posts: 116
    edited 2011-11-06 16:40
    Yes I did have to do some drilling and filing to install the gripper servo. Those tiny servos are cute, but useless to pick up anything. I just did the mechinical work today and haven't got into the programming as of yet. I did notice the ping works petter when a little higher. It stops before crashing into the wall now. It is highly expandable and plan on using a sony playstation remote or XBee for remote assist autonomous later on. In earlier posts I have listed progress and it is quite heavy with all the batterys and now 2 more servos so it dosen't stop on a dime like the stock version.Good traction is a must.