Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBee supply shortage very likely through December - details are here — Parallax Forums

XBee supply shortage very likely through December - details are here

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
edited 2011-11-02 11:48 in Accessories
XBee users,

If you are planning a new project or considering a purchase of XBee modules, I'd like to alert you to a possible supply shortage in the next couple of months. Some XBee modules may not be available due to the flooding of one of Digi's contract manufacturers in Thailand. Parallax's ship dates from Digi remain unconfirmed until they put an appropriate management plan in place.

At this moment we have inventory but I fully expect the shortage to occur through the end of November and probably December. For our forum members this could serve as advance notice to get the parts you want for your winter project before you are unable to procure them at Parallax or anywhere else.

I've seen these kinds of warnings before and they're not a sales tactic. Most companies only carry a few months of inventory so a supply shortage will have certain impact within 60 days. Parallax will of course hold our prices as they are, which are among the lowest in Digi's distribution network.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey