Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
weather balloon code help — Parallax Forums

weather balloon code help

jt_huskerfan80jt_huskerfan80 Posts: 2
edited 2011-11-02 11:01 in BASIC Stamp
I am part of a group of students building a weather balloon that we intend to send up in a few weeks and need some help with code. we have the following components; BS2, Memory Stick Data Logger, 30-120 kPa pressure sensor (from parallax) , LM 35 Temp sensor circuit, RH sensor (parallax's). I assume that we need a main code to control the three sets of code for the sensors and then to initialize DataLogger. If anyone can help point me to a fast solution I would greatly appreciate it as my deadline looms very near.
Thanks

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2011-11-02 09:19
    Look on the product page for each of the sensors from Parallax. It includes BS2 sample code.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2011-11-02 11:01
    For each piece of hardware there will be sample code available for the BASIC Stamp Module. What you need to define is how these devices interact and create a program that uses the hardware in the way you intend. Unfortunately you did not specify what it is you're trying to accomplish, that is, what your project needs to do. Based on the hardware if I had to guess I would say you're trying to log temperature, humidity and air pressure during the flight of the balloon.

The example programs for each sensor will demonstrate how to get the information from that sensor. You can put the main data gathering code into subroutines for each sensor. You will need to examine the example code to identify the parts you need. Then you would write code to initialize the hardware, especially the Datalogger, which has several examples.

Your main program loop will call each subroutine and write the data to the Datalogger in the format you specify, which could then be read later on the PC. For example if you store the data as a CSV file (comma separated values) then it could easily be imported into Excel or a similar spreadsheet for data analysis. I hope this helps.

P.S. - if you need help with combining programs you could check out the following videos:
    http://www.savagecircuits.com/forums/showthread.php?145-Episode-5-Merging-Programs-Part-1-of-2
    http://www.savagecircuits.com/forums/showthread.php?146-Episode-6-Merging-Programs-Part-2-of-2