Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Project Ideas? — Parallax Forums

Project Ideas?

nrsmacnrsmac Posts: 42
edited 2011-11-30 11:42 in BASIC Stamp
I've got a BASIC Stamp 2 with a board of education that came with my Boe-Bot. I have all the parts that came with it and most of the parts from the "What's A Microcontroller?" kit. I also have a breadboard with some jumper wires. I also have a broken blender, SkyTV box, and a broken water boiler kettle. that I can salvage parts from. Any ideas for projects using only these parts or only a few purchases from Maplin (UK version of RadioShack)? I am pretty experienced in electronics, I was thinking, maybe a Woodturning Lathe using the broken blender? Thanks!!!!

:cool:

nrsmac

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2011-10-25 11:33
    I would recommend removing the [UNSOLVED] prefix from your message. My initial thought was you were having a technical issue with a project.
  • nrsmacnrsmac Posts: 42
    edited 2011-10-26 00:20
    How do I do that then?
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2011-10-26 02:50
    Edit your first post?
    edited 2011-10-26 08:05
    I took care of the prefix. You might want to clarify what you're looking for though for information. Might help others to help you.
    edited 2011-11-02 08:34
    Thanks Chris!
    edited 2011-11-30 08:32
    Seriously, NO ONE is reading this. Im not a n00b ok? Just because I cant edit a prefix doen't make me a noob. PLEASE! I NEED IDEAS!
    edited 2011-11-30 08:40
    I suggested in my second reply that you calrify what it is you're looking for as you post is a little open-ended. I mean, you could create a lathe with a blender motor. But what is your goal? What are you trying to accomplish?
    edited 2011-11-30 08:42
    i just would like some project ideas
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2011-11-30 08:49
    Really, I don't know why you bother to post. Clearly you don't want to do a google search or give more information: https://www.google.com/search?q=electronics+project+ideas&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    edited 2011-11-30 08:51
    Just asking for random project ideas probably isn't going to stimulate much feedback. You need to be more specific. Without a point of reference you could get 100 suggestions for thins you may not be able to build. In your case a better idea might be to have a look at the Projects forum and see what others have done. That might give you some ideas on what you can do. Several of the projects I have done were inspired by similar projects that others had posted that I liked but wanted to do in my own way.

Honestly I think your question is too vague. It would be like a musician asking people for song ideas. Really if you have an idea what you want to do, it's easier to get help with that idea than to leave things wide open. I hope this helps.
  • RiJoRiRiJoRi Posts: 157
    edited 2011-11-30 09:16
    nrsmac wrote: »
    Seriously, NO ONE is reading this. Im not a n00b ok? Just because I cant edit a prefix doen't make me a noob. PLEASE! I NEED IDEAS!

This thread is being looked at about 7 times a day since you posted it. Seriously, you are acting like a baby -- waah! I think people think I'm a noob! Waah!

Tell me, if you can, why I should want to come up with ideas for you? And remember, a "broken" blender can cover many types of problems: missing cover, bent blades, burned out motor, etc. Also, you are assuming that we all know what is in a "SkyTV box", and what is broken in the kettle. You give insufficient information, then complain that nobody drops whatever they are doing to help!

--Rich
    edited 2011-11-30 10:07
    All i mean is I want some good bs2 projects. Dude, i am trying to start a YouTube Series with the bs2. I would like advice from the "pros" so to speak.
    edited 2011-11-30 10:17
    I'm sorry, the first post was (I admit) pretty idiotic. Sorry about all of the fuss.
    edited 2011-11-30 11:42
    Take it from someone with experience...keeping a series going without having an idea of exactly what you want to do is difficult if no impossible. But as I said, I have often gained inspiration from looking at the projects of others. Coudn't hurt. :thumb: