Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Easy Bluetooth not found — Parallax Forums

Easy Bluetooth not found

blittledblittled Posts: 681
edited 2011-11-02 06:11 in Accessories
I just purchased a Dell Laptop and one of the deciding factors on buying it was that it has bluetooth which I plan to use with robots using a Propeller and Basic Stamp II. I put 5V power on the EasyBT and then went to the Bluetooth Add function but the Bluetooth did not see the Easy BT. . The Bluetooth driver in Devices is Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Adapter.

When I power up the EasyBT led goes on for about 30 seconds then goes off. When I do the add there is no led light so it looks like there is nothing trying to connect.

I have had a similar issue with an older PC and bluetooth dongle and found that the only way to find the EasyBT is using BlueSoleil software.

Is there something more I need to do or do I have to use BlueSoleil rather than the driver installed on the Dell?

Thanks.

Comments

• Daniel HarrisDaniel Harris Posts: 207
    edited 2011-10-26 13:50
    Hi blittled,

I saw this thread and dug out my EasyBT module. When I power it straight off of my 3.3V rail, the green LED never turns off. Do you have it plugged into the BOE's AppMod header like in the product documentation?

Daniel
  • blittledblittled Posts: 681
    edited 2011-10-31 15:16
    Daniel, thank you for your response. I have done some testing.

1. I tried an older EB-500 and it found that bluetooth so I know the driver works well in the PC.
    2. I double checked the appmod connection and it is correct but now there is no led light.
    a. Removed the RBT-001 module from the regulator board and read 3.3 V at the RBT-001 connector.
    b. Reconnected the RBT-001 and re-read the voltage and it showed 0.55V.

With these results I feel that something burned out on the RBT-001 module.

I did a visual inspection comparing my RBT-001 to pictures online and noticed a difference. On the 4 pads numbered 1,2,3,4 by the "R" in the upper right there is a large solder bridge between 1 and 2 on the solder side. It doesn't appear on any pictures. Since my Bluetooth worked until recently I thought this bridge was necessary.
  • XuoxoXuoxo Posts: 1
    edited 2011-11-02 06:11
    BlueSoleil Bluetooth driver most popular device used by many of us today to synchronize our team with our mobile phones using Bluetooth technology. You can create a small network between our mobile phone and your PC that allows us to transfer files between your PC and mobile phone.
    But many of us who are facing difficulties in using this program as one of our readers. So here goes the list of steps that will make things easier to use this application.
    Steps to follow:
    From computer to phone:
    1. It is assumed that you have installed some version of BlueSoleil on your computer (if not, get from here). Start the Bluesoleil.
    2. Start the Bluetooth service on your computer (use a Bluetooth Dongle Bluetooth if no default).
    3. Services also start Bluetooth on your phone.
    4. Now double-click the orange ball in the center of the home page of BlueSoleil, the phone should be listed here.
    5. They also contribute to this team on his list of Bluetooth devices on the phone (use a password for the reliable transfer).
    6. Now double-click the phone in Bluesoleil page, when you realize the icons at the top, you will see that they will work for the phone highlighted.
    7. Double-click the file transfer icon which will open a new window, drag and drop any item (compatible with the phone) to this window, which will ultimately be displayed on your phone.
    The phone to the computer:
    After following the first 6 steps, perform the following
    7. To send the file to be transferred via Bluetooth, click "send through" (or something).
    8. Files automatically displayed in the Bluetooth folder in My Documents on your PC.
    qr code generator